**Are you looking for a way to jumpstart your photography business? Check this out – Easy Photography Business. It won’t make you millions, but it’s a good second income…**
Having a presence on the web is a must for photographers and designers. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this article is about getting you an incredible-looking, high-end website for free. Too good to be true? Think again…
Gone are the days when someone would take the time to stand next to you while going through your portfolio or album. Today people don’t flip pages, instead they browse on the web. The good news is that while the exercise used to be a costly experience, now you can get online quickly without compromising on beauty and style! As much as I love flickr and online portfolio sites, you can do more these days to showcase your work online and separate yourself from the crowd.
Below you’ll find the 10 most beautiful photography/design website templates/themes, designed with photographers and designers in mind. Many are built for WordPress or Wix platform so you don’t need to worry about hosting. Some even utilize Flash galleries, which means people can’t download your images. All are easy to use and customize, and of course, they are all absolutely free! So you can get your photos/design online in no time, and get those clients you have been waiting to swarm in.
- Photo Fusion: Ease of use, never ending customizing options and a stunning website template complete with flash gallery. Perfect as a website/portfolio this flash template designed for Wix is waiting for you to promote your photos/designs.
- 3D curve gallery: This free template utilizes flash. It’s easy to use and fun for your site visitors as they go through your images or designs. Upload your pics and put them into the gallery…and you’re done. You’ll still need to find a host for your site though.
- f8Lite: A free wordpress theme for you to create a fully functional photography or multimedia portfolio website. This theme is the free version of a more expensive and complex template. You have to keep the credit link to use the free version.
- Photobook: Designed with photographers and designers in mind Photobook is a great way to present your photography. Simple to use, clean and intuitive. You can easily add pages and galleries to show off your work.
- StudioPress: Desgined by Danny Archer, StudioPress is a two column WordPress theme crafted for photographers and uses the Scriptina font for the title heading. StudioPress comes in two varieties – black and white. If you’re a photoshop wiz you can customize the header, too.
- Portfolio template: A simple flash portfolio template where all you need to do is download and start adding your photos or designs.
- Photoblog: A simple WordPress theme to help photographers put together a photoblog. PhotoBlog has no widgets and fix width. It’s simple, clean and easy to modify.
- Monotone: A simple yet dynamic theme for photo-blogging. The layout is clean and non-intrusive. As a nice effect, Monotone takes the first image attached to a post and samples colors from it for use in the surrounding layout. The only draw back is lack of gallery features.
- Photos site: A simple clean website template is waiting for you to add your work and photos. Simply change the text and your images and you’re ready to go.
- Dynamic Flash Gallery: This is a dynamic flash website template with a Gallery section added in as an additional section with a navigation bar, so you can easily display your photos and designs.
We will admit that we are not all that great when it comes to photography and web design ( although Jason totally rocks ), I think we did a pretty good job compiling some free templates and themes. If we missed any or there are any you would like to add to the list, feel free to drop a link on the comments section.